Self-storage customers are concerned about the safety of their goods in storage, and security has become a non-negotiable amenity at any self-storage facility. Most self-storage owners and operators invest in some form of access control including perimeter fencing, access gates and keypads. Others install security equipment and features including wireless door alarms, video surveillance, digital video recorders, motion-sensor beams, and site-graphics displays. More and more self-storage owners are exploring top-level security options such as biometrics and off-site monitoring. Crime prevention in self-storage is a burgeoning issue as more and more incidents of theft, arson and vandalism are reported every year.
- Witness Spots Man Breaking Into Michigan Self-Storage Facility, Calls Police
- Thieves Nab More Than $3K in Items From Pennsylvania Self-Storage Facility
- Thieves Break Into Units, Vehicles at Charlotte, NC, Self-Storage Facility
Men Indicted for Self-Storage Burglaries in New Mexico
April 11, 2011 Posted in News
- Police Arrest One, Search for Another Self-Storage Burglar in Kingsport, Tenn.
- Dyno-Store Self Storage Owner Reports Attempted Break-In
- NY Police Search for Soldier Involved in Shooting at Self-Storage Facility
- Burglar Locked in Missouri Self-Storage Unit
- Summer Camp Supplies Stolen From Picayune, Miss., Self-Storage Facility
Police Investigate 9 Burglaries at Public Storage Facility in Fremont, Calif.
March 21, 2011 Posted in News