Self-storage marketing has been catapulted to a whole new level. Long-term sustainability and success requires frequent and creative marketing campaigns encompassing traditional, online and grassroots marketing. Online marketing includes self-storage directories, facility websites, pay-per-click advertising, Yellow Pages, organic searches, social media such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn, reservation and payment systems, webinars, blogs, and more. Today’s self-storage managers and owners must be Internet-savvy, putting into practice the technology available at their fingertips, including search-engine optimization, search-engine marketing and third-party referral sites to reach new customers via the Web. They’re building targeted databases for e-mail marketing campaigns, and improving their Yellow Pages ads. Self-storage operators are also embracing grassroots marketing, reaching out to their communities and donating money and space. They’re partnering with e-waste recycling companies to ensure their doing their part for the environment, and helping their local communities be green.
- Keep Competitors Close: Knowing Neighbors Can Boost Self-Storage Business
- Registration Opens for Inside Self-Storage World Expo, Washington, D.C.
- A Self-Storage Lesson From 'The Babe': Security and Marketing Make a Home Run
- More Self-Storage Auctions in California's Bay Area
- Safeguard Self Storage Hires Marketing/Consulting Firm
- Put-In Cups for Fence Marketing
- Today's Challenges Become Tomorrow's Profit: Inside Self-Storage World Expo Preview
- Facebook Draws Older Crowd
- After the Incident: 10 Rules for Dealing With the Media
- Weighing Risk and Reward in Self-Storage Marketing Messages