Self-storage marketing has been catapulted to a whole new level. Long-term sustainability and success requires frequent and creative marketing campaigns encompassing traditional, online and grassroots marketing. Online marketing includes self-storage directories, facility websites, pay-per-click advertising, Yellow Pages, organic searches, social media such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn, reservation and payment systems, webinars, blogs, and more. Today’s self-storage managers and owners must be Internet-savvy, putting into practice the technology available at their fingertips, including search-engine optimization, search-engine marketing and third-party referral sites to reach new customers via the Web. They’re building targeted databases for e-mail marketing campaigns, and improving their Yellow Pages ads. Self-storage operators are also embracing grassroots marketing, reaching out to their communities and donating money and space. They’re partnering with e-waste recycling companies to ensure their doing their part for the environment, and helping their local communities be green.
- Self-Storage State of the Industry 2011: Management and Marketing
- A Self-Storage Operator's Targeted Marketing Efforts Fill Boat/RV Facility
- Advertising a Self-Storage Facility Online for Free Using Google Places, Craigslist, Yelp and CitySearch
- StorageFront’s Creator Launches Web Design and Marketing Services for Self-Storage Operators
- Smartphones Outsell PCs: What Does it Mean for Your Self-Storage Business?
- Self-Storage Experts Say Marketing Without Sales-Savvy Managers Is 'a Waste'
- USSelfStorageLocator.com Offers Free Premium Listings, Holds iPad Drawing
- Mini U Storage Partners With Philadelphia 76ers; New Renters Receive Free Tickets
- Westy Self Storage Hosts Connecticut Real Estate Investors Association Meeting
- A Well-Designed Optimized Website Becomes Essential in Self-Storage Marketing Strategy