Self-storage marketing has been catapulted to a whole new level. Long-term sustainability and success requires frequent and creative marketing campaigns encompassing traditional, online and grassroots marketing. Online marketing includes self-storage directories, facility websites, pay-per-click advertising, Yellow Pages, organic searches, social media such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn, reservation and payment systems, webinars, blogs, and more. Today’s self-storage managers and owners must be Internet-savvy, putting into practice the technology available at their fingertips, including search-engine optimization, search-engine marketing and third-party referral sites to reach new customers via the Web. They’re building targeted databases for e-mail marketing campaigns, and improving their Yellow Pages ads. Self-storage operators are also embracing grassroots marketing, reaching out to their communities and donating money and space. They’re partnering with e-waste recycling companies to ensure their doing their part for the environment, and helping their local communities be green.
- I-5 Self Storage Co-Hosts Holiday Craft Fair in California
- (Re)Evaluating Your Self Storage Marketing Material
- Can Self-Storage Operators Benefit From Groupon?
- Highline Self Storage Hosts Santa Paula, Calif., Chamber Mixer
- The Hunt for Self-Storage Marketing Opportunities
- Uncle Bob’s Self Storage Partners with Syracuse Crunch Hockey Team in Ticket Promotion
- Mini U Storage Partners With Golden State Warriors
- U-Store-It Plants 5,000 Trees for Its Self-Storage Customers
- Stor N More Self Storage Collects Food for Feeding America
- The Storage Group Launches Mobile Websites for Synergy Storage Group Facilities