Self-storage marketing has been catapulted to a whole new level. Long-term sustainability and success requires frequent and creative marketing campaigns encompassing traditional, online and grassroots marketing. Online marketing includes self-storage directories, facility websites, pay-per-click advertising, Yellow Pages, organic searches, social media such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and LinkedIn, reservation and payment systems, webinars, blogs, and more. Today’s self-storage managers and owners must be Internet-savvy, putting into practice the technology available at their fingertips, including search-engine optimization, search-engine marketing and third-party referral sites to reach new customers via the Web. They’re building targeted databases for e-mail marketing campaigns, and improving their Yellow Pages ads. Self-storage operators are also embracing grassroots marketing, reaching out to their communities and donating money and space. They’re partnering with e-waste recycling companies to ensure their doing their part for the environment, and helping their local communities be green.
- Tips for Broadening Your Profit Horizon: Self-Storage Talk Members Share Secrets of Add-On Sales
- Buying Power: Does Your Self-Storage Cater to the Female Audience?
- A-1 Self Storage Donates Money to ‘Surf for the Cure’ Cancer Fundraiser
- Storage Post Donates Storage Space for Scholarship Fundraiser
- StorSecure Self-Storage Kapolei Collects Canned Goods for Hawaii Foodbank
- Numbers Don’t Whine: Using Self-Storage Stats to Evaluate Your Marketing
- Second Season of Web Series ‘Self Storage’ Begins
- “Stop Whining …” – Not as Wrong as You Think
- A-1 Self Storage Supports Two Programs: Ignation Volunteer Corps and Plant With Purpose
- San Diego Self Storage Sponsors United Cerebral Palsy Golf Classic