Last week more than 90 self-storage facility owners and operators met at Disneys Yacht Club Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., to participate in the Florida Self Storage Association (FSSA) annual Executive Retreat. Attendees gathered to converse and strategize with industry leaders on diverse aspects of the self-storage industry.
Presentations and candid discussions focused on what is happening inside and outside the self-storage industry as well as the Florida political arena. Guest speakers were:
- Chris Oakley, Vice President and Regional Executive, Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta
- Will Weatherford, Representative, Florida House of Representatives
- Don Yaeger, 180 Consulting
- Scott Enos, Promotions Director of Global Alliance Marketing, Disney Destinations
- George Miliotes, Master Sommelier and Director of Beverage & Hospitality, The Capital Grille
- Keyna Cory, Chief Lobbyist, Associated Industries of Florida
- Dean Jernigan, CEO, U-Store-It Trust
Event sponsors were Bader Co., Hammer Down Auctions, MerchantService.com, SMD Software Inc. (SiteLink), SpareFoot, Storage Marketing Solutions, Storage Structures, Supply Side USA, U.S. Door & Building Components, and Wells Fargo Insurance.
The board of trustees has worked diligently for several months to put together a day that has brought together our owners/executives to listen to other executives, share ideas, and create an informative and thought-provoking milieu, said Robert Bret, FSSA executive director.
The FSSA is a non-profit organization of businesspeople involved in the self-storage industry in Florida. Its members include facility owners, operators, vendors, developers, investors, property managers and suppliers.