StorageMart, an owner and operator of self-storage facilities throughout the United States and Canada, has purchased 16 Budget Storage and two Advance Self Storage facilities in Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. The acquisition adds more than 1 million net rentable square feet and 8,573 storage units to the company’s portfolio, which now includes nearly 10 million square feet of rental space.
“We have been working on this portfolio since 1987 and are pleased it has finally come to fruition,” said StorageMart CEO Mike Burnam. “It fits well with our acquisition criteria for increasing or maintaining critical mass in markets where we can control expenses and push our revenue.”
The Budget Storage properties are:
- 6520 Northwest Blvd., Davenport, Iowa
- 1800 E. Army Post Road, Des Moines, Iowa
- 2500 S.E. 14th St., Des Moines, Iowa
- 4043 E. 14th St., Des Moines, Iowa
- 3221 Martin Luther King, Jr. Parkway, Des Moines, Iowa
- 139 S.W. 63rd St., Des Moines, Iowa
- 125 S. 13th St., West Des Moines, Iowa
- 5267 Merle Hay Road, Johnston, Iowa
- 1850 S.E. Miehe Drive, Grimes, Iowa
- 205 S.W. Irvinedale Drive, Ankeny, Iowa
- 205 S.E. Delaware Ave., Ankeny, Iowa
- 60 N.E. Venture Drive, Waukee, Iowa
- 9821 Douglas Ave., Urbandale, Iowa
- 6600 Hickman Road, Windsor Heights, Iowa
- 6525 Center St., Windsor Heights, Iowa
- 1050 E. MacArthur Road, Wichita, Kan.
The Advance Self Storage facilities are at 1501 Mahaffie Circle in Olathe, Kan., and 6101 Cornhusker Highway in Lincoln, Neb.
“We’re excited by the opportunity to not only enter the Des Moines market but to do so as the largest provider of self-storage in the area,” said StorageMart President Cris Burnam. “We’re looking forward to bringing to the people of Des Moines the high standards of service and innovation which have become synonymous with the StorageMart brand and made us a leader in the self-storage industry.”
The properties will be rebranded StorageMart and new amenities will be added if necessary, company representatives said in a press release. Amenities will include perimeter fencing, keypad gate entry and video monitoring. Storage options will include indoor and outdoor vehicle parking, climate control and drive-up access.
Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Columbia, Mo., StorageMart owns and operates more than 149 self-storage properties in the United States and Canada.