Inside Self-Storage (ISS) has released its 2014 series of instructional Guidebooks focusing on self-storage ownership, management, building and investing, marketing and add-on profit centers. The five digital publications are available on demand individually or in a discounted bundle through the ISS Store, an e-commerce website providing research and education products for self-storage professionals.
Created for facility owners, managers and investors, the 2014 series includes:
- Add-On Profit Centers Guidebook: Examines key ancillary products and services including retail sales and merchandising, pack and ship centers, boat and RV storage, mobile/portable storage, truck rental, cell-tower leases, and more.
- Building/Investing Guidebook: Designed to help those interested in self-storage investing as well as those who want to establish or expand an operation. It addresses real estate, finance, development and construction.
- Facility-Management Guidebook: Addresses key aspects of a self-storage manager’s duties and provides insight on optimizing collections, handling legal issues, improving sales, service, money management and more.
- Marketing Guidebook: Provides a substantial overview of key marketing techniques for self-storage facilities, covering Web marketing, mobile marketing, social media, community marketing, print ads and more.
- Ownership Guidebook: Provides guidance to help single- and multi-facility self-storage owners maximize their investment, covering profit enhancement, expense management, auditing, staffing, insurance and much more.
The books are designed in an easy-to-read, PDF format that makes them ideal for viewing via a computer screen or tablet. They contain no advertisements.
Priced at $115, the package containing all five Guidebooks provides a savings of nearly 25 percent on the cost of buying the books individually. Details can be found at www.insideselfstoragestore.com. Choose "Guidebooks" from the left-hand menu.
Conceived as a central hub allowing self-storage owners, operators, developers and investors to obtain cutting-edge information and resources, the ISS Store is owned and operated by ISS, a dynamic services provider that has served the self-storage industry for more than 20 years. The brand includes ISS magazine, the Inside Self-Storage World Expo, the Self-Storage Training Institute and Self-Storage Talk, the industry’s largest online community.