Update 10/18/13 – The Texas Self Storage Association (TSSA) Board of Directors recently elected its executive officers for 2013-14. The officers, who began their term on Oct. 1, are:
- President Mike Gately (Daughtry Properties, San Antonio)
- Vice President Amy Nolan (The Storage Place, Corpus Christi)
- Treasurer Paul Glover (Storage Choice, Dallas)
- Secretary Clint Wynn (Hixon Properties, San Antonio)
- Immediate-Past President Mark Skeans (Mission Road Mini-Storage, San Antonio)
Like the new board members, the officers will be introduced at the upcoming TSSA conference.
The Texas Self Storage Association (TSSA) recently elected three new members to its board of directors and re-elected one existing member to its executive committee for 2013-14. Newly elected to serve three-year terms on the board are Blair Valk of Assured Self Storage in Dallas and April Young of Ultimate Properties in Fort Worth, Texas. Ricky Jenkins of The Jenkins Organization was re-elected to a second three-year term and currently serves as Conference Committee Chair. Bill Bellomy of Southern Storage Group (SSG) was elected to serve a one-year term as the vendor-member representative. Both Jenkins and SSG are based in Houston.
The new and returning board members will participate in an upcoming planning meeting where they will join current board members:
- President Mark Skeans (Mission Road Mini-Storage, San Antonio)
- Vice President Mike Gately (Daughtry Properties, San Antonio)
- Treasurer Amy Nolan (The Storage Place, Corpus Christi, Texas)
- Secretary Paul Glover (Storage Choice, Dallas)
- Immediate-Past President Tom McCloskey (MC Self-Storage, Lytle, Texas)
- Director Larry Easley (Storage Management Associates, San Antonio)
- Director Jill Holbrook (Texas Self Storage, Wimberley, Texas)
- Director David Hunt (Owners Management Company, Lancaster, Texas)
- Director Clint Wynn (Hixon Properties, San Antonio)
- Ex-officio member Robert Loeb (Castle Hills Self Storage, San Antonio)
New officers will be elected prior to the next board meeting and introduced at the TSSA “Big Ideas in Storage” conference, Oct. 27-29, in The Woodlands, Texas. Membership information and details about the conference can be found at www.txssa.org .
Established in 1986, the TSSA is a nonprofit trade association dedicated to enhancing the quality of the self-storage industry in Texas. The association provides opportunities for members to increase their knowledge of the self-storage industry through education, research, discussion and exchange of information.