G5, provider of Digital Experience Management (DXM) software and various marketing services for the self-storage industry, has added G5 Social SEO to the DXM platform suite. The new offering integrates social media with search engine optimization technology to help storage operators increase their online presence and traffic on their websites.
According to a study of SEO ranking factors conducted this year by Searchmetrics GmbH, a provider of search-analytics software, several of the most important factors determining SEO ranking now stem from social media, lead by Google+ and Facebook. Google+ has “caused a fundamental shift in how search engines present results, one where search results are determined as much by the people the searcher knows as by the sites that have the most links,” G5 officials said in a press release.
“As search engine algorithms evolve and leverage social relationships as a trust factor in determining rank, it’s crucial to integrate social activities into your SEO strategy,“ said Dan Hobin, co-founder and CEO of G5. “Our new Social SEO software platform automates the integration of social signals with SEO tactics helping our clients get more traffic, more leads, more rentals and more revenue.”
Features of Social SEO include:
- Social network optimization, which measures activity and manages social signals (replies, likes, circles and follows) on sites like Google+, Facebook, Yelp and Twitter, and provides a tool to push offers, contests, sweepstakes, descriptions and photos
- Integration of social websites directly into a self-storage business’ website to drive more social signals
- Continuous monitoring of major social changes to proactively manage online conversations
- The ability to view the social activity of competitors
- The ability to push customer ratings and reviews to a facility’s website, either automatically or through self-select options
- Ongoing business listing optimization on websites such as Bing, Yahoo Local and Yelp
- Google+ local optimization, designed to increase Google+ rankings
- Advanced analytics and reporting
“We’ve been developing a social media presence that not only ranks well in search but also entices our customers to interact with our brand and continue the conversation with their friends and followers,” said Patrick Reilly, president of Urban Self Storage Inc., a Seattle-based operator with more than 50 storage locations in the Pacific Northwest. “We’ve been testing G5’s impressive new Social SEO platform and are excited by the early results. This is an SEO game-changer.”
Founded in 2005 and based in Bend, Ore., G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private U.S. companies by “Inc.” magazine for the third consecutive year. It has also been named one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte for three straight years and one of Oregon’s fastest growing private companies for the past three years. G5 is backed by private equity investor Volition Capital.