The Illinois Self Storage Association (ISSA) will host its 2013 Great Lakes Self Storage Owners Summit & Expo on Aug. 5 at the Hilton DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Chicago. The event will feature presentations on self-storage industry topics including a macro-economic outlook on commercial real estate, management and operational innovations, investment trends and self-storage property values, capital markets, and more.
The event is targeted at self-storage executives, owners, operators, investors, lenders and developers. The program kicks off with a lunch and tradeshow at 11 a.m., followed by seven education sessions. A cocktail reception concludes the event beginning at 5 p.m.
Featured speakers include:
- Eugenio Aleman, chief economist, Wells Fargo Bank
- Marc Boorstein, co-founder, MJ Partners Real Estate Services
- Bob Copper, owner, Self Storage 101
- Jeffrey Greenberger, partner, Katz, Greenberger & Norton LLP
- Shawn Hill, principal, The BSC Group
- Michael Scanlon, president, national Self Storage Association
- Jim Stevens, senior vice president, acquisitions and business development, Extra Space Storage Inc.