Bob Copper and Sue Haviland, partners in the industry consulting firm Self Storage 101, have released a new blog at http://blog.selfstorage101.com. They've also announced the release of a new book, "The Complete Self Storage Handbook," available via the company website.
The first blog installment, posted by Copper, focuses on "My Top Ten Pet Peeves for Self-Storage Managers." Readers are invited to comment. New posts will be published periodically.
Written with independent self-storage facility owners in mind, the new handbook will teach readers how to:
- Rent more space using professional sales skills
- Maximize collections using highly effective systems and techniques
- Increase operational effectiveness and maximize facility value using a facility audit and operational review
- Increase revenue and asset value using proven revenue-management systems
- Get it all done with highly effective time-management skills
The book is available for $49.95.
Self Storage 101 specializes in operational improvement, training, audits, feasibility and market studies, and due diligence.
A self-storage consultant and facility owner, Copper has worked with hundreds of owners and managers to improve sales, collections and operations. He focuses on strategic growth, staff effectiveness, marketing, asset-value improvement and acquisitions. He’s a frequent contributor to "Inside Self-Storage" magazine and the Inside Self-Storage World Expo.
Haviland is the owner of Haviland Storage Services. She has more than 20 years of industry experience, including serving as a site manager up to vice president of operations at Extra Space Storage and Price Self Storage. She has experience in employee relations, training, auditing, software conversions and operational policies and procedures.