The Arizona Self Storage Association (AZSSA) and the Maine Self-Storage Association (MeSSA) have announced details for their annual conferences next month. AZSSA will celebrate its 15th anniversary during its 2013 conference and tradeshow, on May 14-15, at the Wild Horse Pass Hotel and Casino in Chandler, Ariz. MeSSA will hold its 2013 conference on May 30-31 at Hollywood Casino in Bangor, Maine.
The AZSSA conference will kick off on May 13 with the association’s annual golf tournament and lunch at the Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix. A separate registration fee is required to participate. Kirk Matson, regional vice president of Partners in Leadership, the company behind the bestselling book "The Oz Principle," which focuses on getting results through individual and organizational accountability, will be the event’s keynote speaker. A silent auction to benefit Kure It Cancer Research will also be held. Additional speakers include:
- Bill Alter, managing director of the Self Storage Group for Rein & Grossoehme Commercial Real Estate
- M. Anne Ballard, president of training, marketing and developmental services for Universal Storage Group
- Hardy Good, chairman and CEO of MiniCo Asia Ltd.
- Richard Marmor, chairman of the AZSSA Legal and Legislative Committee
- Jim Rounds, senior vice president of Elliott D. Pollack and Co.
- Joe Schoen, president and CEO of U-Haul International
- Christian Sonne, executive managing director of the Self Storage Industry Group of Cushman & Wakefield
- Ben Vestal, president of Argus Self Storage Sales Network
The Arizona event will also include vendor exhibits and roundtable discussions on May 15. More information can be found at www.azselfstorage.com.
Founded in 1996, the AZSSA was created to strengthen the self-storage industry in Arizona, promote professional standards and quality, and present a unified voice on issues affecting the local industry. Today the association has more than 500 facility and vendor members.
Featured speakers during the MeSSA conference will be Ballard and Bob Copper, owner of Self Storage 101. Ballard’s session is titled “Rev Up Your Income and Marketing.” Copper will discuss “Improving Your Ancillary Products and Services.”
The Maine event will also include several exhibiting vendors and supplier roundtables. A networking cocktail reception will be held on May 30. The conference is free for the first attendee from each member self-storage facility. Additional staff from member facilities can register for $40 each or $75 for non-members.
Association and event details can be found at www.mainessa.com or the association's Facebook page.