StorageMart, a self-storage company with more than 130 locations across the United States and Canada, has rewarded five students with $1,000 checks as part of the company’s ScholarSmarts program. Recipients were chosen from nearly 400 essay responses to one of two questions: “What link is there between a clutter-free workspace and increased productivity?” or “How has self-storage improved your lifestyle?”
Winning students for the spring semester are:
- Denis Bento, Athabasca University (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Michael Didyk, Columbia University (New York City)
- Stephanie Fell, Okanagan College (West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada)
- Tanya Riz Tan, Ryerson University (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Lee Anne Zajicek, Cerro Coso Community College (Ridgecrest, Calif.)
StorageMart started the scholarship program as a way to reward students in the United States and Canada who may not be eligible for more traditional scholarships. The program is open to any student enrolled in a college, university, apprenticeship program or other level of higher learning.
The winning essays will be viewable on StorageMart’s blog site, Storage Insider. The company will issue student scholarships again for the 2013 fall semester.