Butler Manufacturing, a manufacturer and builder of metal buildings for self-storage and other industries, has named its 2013-14 Butler Builder Advisory Council. The council provides strategic direction on company products, services and programs. Members are comprised of Butler contractors who represent the company’s six business regions across the United States and Canada. Members serve two-year terms, with four members carried over for a second term.
“The advisory council is tasked with staying on the pulse of industry trends, enabling Butler to continue to deliver innovative solutions to building decision-makers,” said Tom Gilligan, company president. “Drawing on the expertise of our advisory council, our company closely monitors the market’s changing needs, and then responds through the continuous development of new standards in building technology and industry best practices.”
For the first time in its 57-year history, the council will be led by a Canadian builder. Scot Rutherford, president of Scott Builders Inc., was elected chairman. Rutherford has nearly 30 years of leadership experience and has been a full-service contractor in Alberta, Canada, since the early 1980s.
“Helming the advisory council is a unique opportunity to contribute to the vision of the organization,” Rutherford said. “During my term as chairman, I look forward to collaborating with our network of 1,200 full-service contractors to share insights on trends in sustainability, training and technology with both company leadership and our customer base.”
The other members of the 2013-14 council include:
- Duane DeGaetano, Construction Systems Inc., Fayetteville, N.C.
- Bruce Forster, Stuart Berger Construction Corp., Lynbrook, N.Y.
- Dan Freeman, Freeman Building Systems Inc., Wooster, Ohio
- Tom Gunsinger, Bel-Con Design Builders Ltd., Belleville, Ontario, Canada
- Jerry Klassen, Klassen Corp., Bakersfield, Calif.
- Mark Lewis, Cedar Falls Building Systems Inc., Menomonie, Wis.
- Chris Rice, Rice Building Systems Inc., Sauk Rapids, Minn.
- Marius Rygg, Gateway Building Systems Inc., West Fargo, N.D.
- Dean Taylor, Design Systems Builders Inc., Nashville, Tenn.
- John Vallé, Park Avenue Construction Ltd., Laredo, Texas
- Jeff Van Hoose, Van Hoose Construction Co., Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Aaron Wolf, Fleming West Building Co. Inc., Chandler, Ariz.
Members of the council will attend the company’s national sales meeting next month in Dallas. The council will also hold its next biannual meeting in April.
Butler Manufacturing, a division of BlueScope Buildings North America, designs, manufactures and markets metal building systems for commercial construction, including self-storage. The company’s systems are marketed through a network of more than 1,200 full-service contractors with local trade areas.