There are many components to the success of a self-storage operation, but perhaps the most critical is the facility manager. Last week Inside Self-Storage published a new online slideshow, "Training for Success: Cultivating Talent in Self-Storage Facility Managers," which provides guidance on how to build a quality manager-training program, including insight from some of the top training professionals in the industry.
The free presentation contains insight to hiring, how to create an operations manual, how to choose the right trainer, writing a curriculum, evaluating performance, incentives, staff recognition and more. It can be viewed at www.insideselfstorage.com/topics/slide-shows.aspx.
- Linnea Appleby, Owner, Lime Tree Management
- Anne Ballard, Founder and President, Universal Management Co.
- Ben Burkhart, Owner, BKB Properties/StorageStudy.com
- Bob Copper, Owner, Self Storage 101
- Alison Hancock Riger, Director of Training and Human Resources, Pogoda Management Co.
For more than 20 years, ISS has provided informational resources for the self-storage industry. Its educational offerings include a monthly magazine, annual conferences and tradeshows, an extensive website, an education institute, an online store, and Self-Storage Talk, the industry’s largest online community.