Inside Self-Storage (ISS) has released a free whitepaper from Linkmedia 360, "Social Media: The Self-Storage Operator's Starter Guide," which will help facility owners and managers promote their business using tools such as Twitter, Facebook and others. The resource is available for download at www.insideselfstorage.com/Whitepapers.
Readers will learn how to build a social-media program, leverage industry best practices, assess the outcome of a social-media strategy and more. Covered topics include:
- An introduction to social media
- Observations of operators' social-media tactics
- Steps to creating a social-media program
- Strategies to leverage best industry practices
- Pros and cons of in-house vs. outsourced social-media management
- Different social-media approaches for storage operators
- Overall outcome of a social-media program
Linkmedia 360 is a direct-response agency specializing in generating local leads for regional and national clients in a diverse range of verticals. The company manages online, print and mobile media programs for more than 100 clients in a wide range of industries, including self-storage. Most recently, the Linkmedia 360 team has developed social-media programs for self-storage operators to build their brand presence and grow their local base of followers and fans.
For more than 20 years, ISS has provided informational resources to self-storage owners, managers, developers and investors. Its educational offerings include a monthly magazine, an online store, annual tradeshows, an extensive website, an education institute and Self-Storage Talk, the industry’s largest online community.