On June 21, the Texas and Georgia Self Storage Associations will co-sponsor a live webinar, "Motivating Managers for Monster Performance," which will help to improve the performance of self-storage facility operators. Taught by industry expert Anne Ballard, the online seminar will take place from 10 a.m. to 11: 15 a.m. CDT, including 15 minutes for Q&A. The cost is $25 per connection for association members and $50 for non-members.
"Monster performance" refers to a manager's ability to meet and exceed sales and marketing goals, hit facility budgeting target, and provide great customer service. During this webinar, Ballard will explain how to guide self-storage managers toward greater performance and profit. She'll discuss:
- The fundamental traits displayed by "monster" performers
- How to establish goals for staff
- Methods to get commitment from employees on controlling expenses
- Three important performance measurements: traffic generation, closing ratios and box sales
- How to create bonus and commission programs that motivate managers
- Employee awards and recognition
- Red flags of under performance and burnout, and what to do about them
More information and a link to online registration can be found at www.txssa.org/events-education.
Ballard is founder and president of Universal Management Co., which provides full-service management, marketing and accounting services to the self-storage industry. She is also a former president and current board member of the Georgia Self Storage Association. She is a regular contributor to industry publications such as Inside Self-Storage and events like the Inside Self-Storage World Expo.
Articles written by Ballard can be read for free at www.insideselfstorage.com/topics/anne-ballard.aspx. A video of Ballard's recent seminar at the ISS Expo can be purchased through the Inside Self-Storage Store at www.insideselfstoragestore.com.
Established in 1986, the Texas Self Storage Association is a non-profit trade association dedicated to enhancing the quality of the self-storage industry in Texas.