The Texas Self Storage Association (TSSA) recently elected new officers for 2011-2012. Members of the executive committee are:
- President: Tom McCloskey, MC Self Storage, Lytle
- Vice President: Mark Skeans, Mission Road Mini-Storage, San Antonio
- Secretary: Amy Nolan, The Storage Place, Corpus Christi
- Treasurer: Mike Gately, Daughtry Properties, San Antonio
- Immediate Past President: Robert Loeb, Castle Hills Self Storage, Victoria
Other members of the board of directors are:
- Paul Glover, Storage Choice, Dallas
- David Hunt, Access Self Storage, Lancaster
- Ricky Jenkins, The Jenkins Organization, Houston
- Jay Kanter, O'Connor Self Storage, Dallas
- Jill Schwengler, Texan Self Storage, Wimberley
- Charles Plunkett of Capco Steel Inc. in San Antonio is the vendor member representative
Currently serving as ex-officio members of the board are: Lolita Bader of A Better Place Self Storage in Boerne; Josh Parrott of AAA Storage Centers in Lubbock; Dan Small of Diamond Self Storage in Pearland; and Kathy Tautenhahn of Tautenhahn Holdings in The Woodlands.
The new board members and officers will be introduced at the annual TSSA Convention and Trade Show, Oct. 16-18 in Austin. Established in 1986, the TSSA is a non-profit trade association dedicated to enhancing the quality of the self-storage industry in Texas. The TSSA provides opportunities for members to increase their knowledge of the self-storage industry through education, research, discussion and exchange of information.