U-Haul International is offering 30 days of free self-storage to victims of last weekend’s Hurricane Irene. The company also made storage and moving services available to residents and businesses in the path of the storm before it hit.
Families needing more information about the 30-days-free self-storage assistance program can contact the following regional offices:
- Maryland, 800.526.2431
- Baltimore, 800.839.9396
- Metro DC, 800.843.6198
- Northern Virginia, 888.489.4674
- Harrisburg, 877.873.8666
- Brooklyn Queens, 888.510.4237
- Manhattan Bronx, 800.858.4285
- Long Island, 800.996.0500
- South Philadelphia, 888.829.7326
- North Philadelphia, 800.858.5756
- Southern New Jersey, 800.762.8199
- North New Jersey, 800.541.0134
- Central New Jersey, 866.801.3208
In addition to the 30-days-free self-storage assistance being offered, people needing boxes can take advantage of the U-Haul Take a Box, Leave a Box Program. The program enables customers to return their reusable boxes and allows others to take them as needed for free. U-Haul encourages anyone who has any type of reusable box to drop it off at the nearest U-Haul location and allow another family to reuse the box.
Established in 1945, U-Haul has 36 million square feet of storage space at nearly 1,100 owned and managed facilities throughout North America.