The Texas Self Storage Association (TSSA) recently elected new members to its board of directors. The new members to serve three-year terms are David Hunt of Access Self Storage in Lancaster and Jill Schwengler of Texan Self Storage in Wimberley. Mark Skeans of Mission Road Mini-Storage in San Antonio was re-elected to the board and currently serves as treasurer.
Charles Plunkett, president of Capco Steel Inc. was re-elected to serve another one-year term as the board’s vendor-member representative.
The other board members are:
- President Robert Loeb (Castle Hills Self Storage, Victoria)
- Vice President Tom McCloskey (MC Self Storage, Lytle)
- Secretary Mike Gately (Daughtry Properties, San Antonio)
- Immediate Past President Dan Small (Diamond Self Storage, Pearland)
- Paul Glover (Storage Choice, Dallas)
- Kathy Hall (Burnet Road Self Storage, Austin)
- Ricky Jenkins (The Jenkins Organization, Houston)
- Jay Kanter (O’Connor Self Storage, Dallas)
- Amy Nolan (The Storage Place, Corpus Christi)
- Currently serving as ex-officio members of the board are:
- Lolita Bader (A Better Place Self Storage, Boerne)
- Wayne Johnson (Strategic Storage Holdings, Dallas)
- Josh Parrott (AAA Storage Centers, Lubbock)
- Kathy Tautenhahn (Tautenhahn Holdings, The Woodlands)
New officers will be elected prior to Oct. 1 and introduced at the TSSA convention and tradeshow, Oct. 16-18, in Austin, where the association is celebrating its 25-year anniversary. Membership information and event details can be found on the TSSA website.
Established in 1986, the TSSA is a non-profit trade association dedicated to enhancing the quality of the self-storage industry in Texas. The organization provides opportunities for members to increase their knowledge through education, research and discussion.