Carol Krendl, owner and CEO of SkilCheck Services, will host a five-part webinar series for self-storage operators in June and July. Each webinar is geared to be specific to individual California lien-law topics and will guide operators through any type of auction procedure. Webinar topics and dates are:
- June 21: Understanding the California Lien Law Provisions. This webinar will take a closer look at the provisions within the updated California lien law.
- June 23: Processing the California Self Storage Lien. The second webinar will focus on how the California lien process works from start to finish.
- June 28: California Self Storage Auction Procedures. In this webinar, the focus will be showing operators how to legally prepare for their next self-storage auction.
- June 30: California Lien Sale Issues. This webinar will explain and discuss the different issues that arise when a self-storage customer goes into lien sales.
- July 1: Soldiers Civil Relief Act. The last webinar in the series takes a closer look at how the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act applies to the self-storage business. Operators will learn what they can and cannot do when it comes to service members' self-storage goods and how they can legally sell them.
All webinars begin at 10 a.m. PST. Attendees can register for individual webinars or for all. The cost for each webinar is $40. Those who register for all five can do so for $175. Krendl will also provide attendees with forms and materials after the webinars.
Registration for the webinar series can be completed at www.skilcheck.com/selfstoragewebinars.html.
Krendl has been involved with the self-storage industry since 1984. She currently serves as vice president of the California Self Storage Association. SkilCheck provides services for self-storage operators including mystery shopping, manager background checks, manager training, employment evaluations and more.