On May 11, 1 p.m. ET, self-storage industry expert Tom Litton will present a free webinar on “Effective Collections and Auctioning Techniques” for facility managers and owners. The online seminar will provide strategies to help self-storage operators increase their recovery on past-due tenants, focusing on:
- 20 proven collection strategies that motivate the customer to pay or move out
- Innovative ways of contacting customers without spending hours making collection calls
- Five simple changes to dramatically improve auction recovery
- Marketing and advertising auctions via the Internet
- Auction strategies: Three-item rule, advance preview and bidding, absentee bidding, lot selling and more
Participation in the webinar requires a free online registration process, which can be completed at Ministoragemessenger.com/webinar.
Litton, president of Litton Property Management Inc., began his self-storage career during the industry’s infancy and has managed more than 150 self-storage facilities in 11 states. In addition to currently managing or owning 21 commercial properties in California and Indiana, he fee manages and consults throughout Australia, Canada, England, France, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Litton has conducted more than 150 seminars worldwide on self-storage operation, management, development and ownership. He is the author of Auditing Self-Storage: Preventing Employee Theft & Embezzlement and The Key to Success: How to Manage Self-Storage.
Litton will present live at the Inside Self-Storage World Expo in Tacoma, Wash., Oct. 4-6. The show will take place at the Hotel Murano and Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center. It will comprise four comprehensive tracks of educational seminars, multiple networking opportunities, product and service exhibits, and add-on intensive workshops. Show information can be found at www.insideselfstorageworldexpo.com.