The California Self Storage Association will host a Manager Education Day focused on self-storage sales and marketing, March 22, at the Ayres Hotel in Hawthorne, Calif. Taught by Carol Mixon Krendl, owner of SkilCheck Services, the five-hour seminar will cover:
- The basic selling tools and techniques necessary to effectively promote a self-storage property
- The fundamentals of assertive―not aggressive―selling
- Using e-mail and written correspondence to sell units
- The five steps of telephone-sales success
- The basics of Internet and social-media marketing
Time will be allotted for questions and answers. Space for event is limited and will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. Registration can be completed online at www.californiaselfstorage.org.
Krendl is the owner and CEO of SkilCheck, which provides services for self-storage operators including mystery shopping, manager background checks, manager training, employment evaluations and more. Krendl has been involved with the self-storage industry since 1984. She currently serves vice president of the CSSA.