Homeless Tenant Killed in North Texas Self-Storage Fire

Comments
Print

Authorities have revealed a 30-year-old north Texas man killed in a self-storage unit fire last week was renting the space and residing in it during a recent cold snap.

The man, who was reportedly homeless, was staying at the Saf-T-Loc Self Storage at 2400 Southwest Parkway in Wichita Falls when his unit caught on fire. Fire officials have deemed the cause of the fire as a heat source too close to combustibles. Firefighters removed charred furniture and other items from inside the unit.

As the fire blazed, the man was rescued and taken to a hospital where he later died. Records show he had spent time at nearby shelters and lived a transient lifestyle for years.

Wichita Falls sits just south of the Red River near the Texas-Oklahoma border, about 140 miles northwest of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Sources:

Comments
HELLO
comments powered by Disqus