This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.


Space Heater Causes VA Self-Storage Fire

Posted in News, Fire, Insurance

A fire at a self-storage facility in Portsmouth, Va., Dec. 22 was caused by a space heater left too close to stored belongings, fire officials determined.

By the time firefighters arrived at the scene, the storage facility’s sprinkler system had extinguished most of the fire. Some items stored located higher than the sprinkler heads continued to burn before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.


comments powered by Disqus