MiniCo Insurance Agency LLC, a provider of self-storage insurance products and the publisher of Mini-Storage Messenger (MSM) magazine, has announced the winners of its 2010 Self-Storage Facility of the Year Awards. Winners were named in six categories:
- Overall: Extra Space Storage in Oakland, Calif., owned by Extra Space Storage Inc.
- New Facility: Daffodil Storage in Tacoma, Wash., owned by Daffodil Storage
- Construction: Northshore Pellissippi Storage in Knoxville, Tenn., owned by Walter Wise and Hugh Neil
- Conversion: LifeStorage in Chicago, owned by LifeStorage Centers LLC
- Specialty Storage: The Stor-House Self Storage in Bellevue, Wash., owned by Gilroy Family Bellefield LLC
- Renovation: Morningstar Mini-Storage in Summerville, S.C., owned by HSRE-MSTAR I LLC, a joint venture of Morningstar Properties and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital
The four runners-up are:
- Premier Storage in San Antonio, Texas (Overall)
- Cubes Self-Storage @ Brickyard in Salt Lake City (New Facility)
- Farmers Market Self Storage in Los Angeles (Construction)
- AAAA Chamberlayne Self Storage in Richmond, Va. (Conversion)
Full-length articles profiling the winning facilities will be published in the December 2010 issue of MSM. The runners-up will be profiled in future issues.
Established in 1974, MiniCo provides self-storage insurance programs, publications, and add-on products and services.