The California Self Storage Association (CSSA) will host a five-hour manager-education event on the state’s new self-storage lien laws, Dec. 2, in Burbank, Calif. This limited-seating seminar will feature information on Assembly Bill 655 by the bill’s author, attorney Carlos Kaslow. AB 655 was signed into law by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger Sept. 29.
In addition to hearing about the new bill and how it affects self-storage operators in the state, attendees of the CSSA event will get a practical explanation of the state’s Business and Professions Code as well as detailed information on the statutory changes surrounding the passage of AB 655. They will also learn vital information they need to know before the law goes into effect on Jan. 1, including:
The most common lien-sale mistakes
- The legal pitfalls of sale and disposal procedures and how to avoid them
- A step-by-step procedure of how to sell a delinquent customer's goods
- Vital rental-agreement requirements
- Common lien-sale and auctioning practices for self-storage
- Legal requirements for advertising lien sales
The event will take place at The Marriott-Burbank hotel on Hollywood Way from 11:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lunch is included. The cost is $200 for CSSA members. To register, call 562.304.2864.