This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.


Self-Storage Units Damaged by Fire at Arizona U-Store-It


A fire at a self-storage facility in Tucson, Ariz., has been ruled accidental by fire department investigators.

The blaze at U-Store-It self-storage on Ruthrauff Road near La Cholla Blvd. began about 6 a.m. Two storage units were destroyed and several others were damaged. Firefighters had trouble entering the storage units because the units were locked with round metal locks, which are difficult to remove. Rather than cut the locks, they used a rotary saw to cut open the metal doors.

Fire investigators believe spontaneous combustion from something inside one of the units led to the fire.


comments powered by Disqus