This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.


Self-Storage Employee Dies After Bit by Customer's Dog


Ten days after getting bit by a customer’s dog while working at Chain Lank Self Storage in Monroe, Wash., Kenneth Bock died from a rare infection sparked by the bite.

The customer’s coon hound was euthanized three days after the incident. Now the family of Kenneth Bock has filed a wrongful death suit against the dog’s owner, Konrad Haskins.

The bite, which was small but did draw blood, contained bacterium which spread quickly and led to organ failure and tissue necrosis, according to Chris Davis, an attorney representing Bock's family. A pre-existing condition may have made the 57-year-old more susceptible, according to the Centers for Disease Control.

The family claims Haskins was negligent because it was not the first time Buddy had bitten someone. Police records show Buddy bit another customer at Chain Lake Storage the same day. Neither side agrees where the dog was at the time of the incident. Bock’s family claims Buddy was roaming free. Gary Trabolsi, an attorney representing Haskins, insists the dog was sitting in the passenger seat of Haskins vehicle. Bock was bit when he stuck his hand inside the vehicle.

Bock’s family is seeking $200,000 to cover medical expenses, and an unspecified amount for damages.


comments powered by Disqus