This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.


Chico Self-Storage Fire Caused by Motorcycle, Officials Say


The fire that broke out last Thursday at Security Self-Storage in Chico, Calif., was caused by a motorcycle, according to the most recent reports. The fire began at approximately 6:30 p.m. and heavily damaged at least four units.
Firefighting crews from Butte County, Chico and two volunteer companies battled the blaze until late evening, cutting holes in the doors of at least two units to get at the heart of the fire.
Cal Fire-Butte County investigators said a motorcycle that had been ridden earlier in the day and backed into a unit started the fire, though they could not say if the source was hot exhaust pipes or an electrical problem.
No damage estimate has yet been released.
Source: Enterprise-Record, Official: Motorcycle at fault for Chico storage business fire

Related Articles:

Self-Storage Fire in Green Bay Causes $100k in Damage

Recovering From Facility Fire

San Jose Self-Storage Fire Damages Nearly 70 Units

An Operator's Guide for Dealing With Self-Storage Fire: Prevent, Plan, Protect

Self-Storage Talk: Dealing With Fires

comments powered by Disqus