In 2009, Westy Self Storage reached out to its communities and supported 91 non-profit organizations. The 16 Westy centers served its communities by participating in a number of donation drives including:
- Hosting lobby events and donation drives
- Collected women’s professional attire for Dress for Success
- Donated its network of trucks, gas included, and associates’ time to various organizations.
- Provided “wish list” items to wounded soldiers with Operation Gift Cards
- Collected holiday gifts for Kids In Crisis
“I feel privileged to work for a company in which assisting others is part of the culture,” said Preston Moore, director of Westy Self Storage’s Norwalk, Conn., location. “Every day brings excitement and new opportunity as we uncover a cause we can support. It’s fulfilling to see the difference we can make.”
Westy plans to grow its community involvement this year and is looking for notable organizations or causes that need support.
With corporate headquarters in Stamford, Conn., Westy spans the tri-state area with seven centers in New York, six in Connecticut and three in New Jersey.
Source: Connecticut Plus, Westy Support 91 Non-Profits