The Illinois and Indiana Self Storage Associations will host the Great Lakes Self Storage Expo, June 4-5, 2009, in Lisle, Ill. Created for self-storage professionals in the Midwest, the conference includes two days of seminars and networking events as well as product and service exhibits. Educational opportunities include:
- An “Improving Your Sales Skills” seminar presented by Kyle Zimmerman, general manager and part owner of Fort Wayne Self Storage
- A luncheon with industry consultant Jim Chiswell, presenting a session on “Internet Marketing”
- A seminar titled “Understanding Your Self-Storage Market,” taught by facility-valuation expert Charles Ray Wilson
- A seminar by industry legal expert Jeffrey Greenberger on “Self-Storage Law: Record Retention”
- An open-forum Q&A session with all four speakers
The event also includes a cocktail reception on June 4 and cash-prize drawings in the exhibit hall.
The expo is sponsored by Inside Self-Storage, which provides a monthly magazine, bi-annual tradeshows, an online community and learning resources for the self-storage industry.
For more information, visit www.glss-expo.com.