Zheng Liang was sentenced to a three-year jail sentence for smuggling counterfeit branded running shoes into England. Brent and Harrow Trading Standards investigators found 17,000 running shoes at a London warehouse and five self-storage units in South London, Hertfordshire, Middlesex and Berkshire, England, the Harrow Times reported. If the shoes were genuine they would have been worth an estimated £1 million ($1.9 million). Zheng is believed to be one of the biggest wholesalers of fake running shoes in the country. For more information, visit the Harrow Times.
Suspect Hides Counterfeit Tennis Shoes in Five U.K. Self-Storage Facilities
- Investigators Connect Ponzi Scheme Suspect to Pipe Bombs Found at Self-Storage Facilities
- U.K. Self-Storage Operator Offers ‘Elf Storage,’ U.S. Facilities Hold Holiday Coat Drives
- Safeguard Self Storage Settles New York City Lawsuit Over Stored Counterfeit Goods
- Self-Storage Operator Storage Pros Management Acquires 7 Facilities in April
- U.K.’s Access Self Storage Compiles List of Strangest Stored Items