Australian REIT Valad to Sell Interest in Self-Storage Portfolio
Sydney, Australia-based real estate investment trust Valad Property Group will sell its 50 percent interest in the $380 million self-storage portfolio it owns in a joint venture with Kennard Self Storage, The Age reported. An agreement has been reached to progressively sell all of Valad’s interest in the portfolio to the Kennard family over the next 18 months. In response to the global sub-prime credit crisis, the REIT is reducing its estimate for full-year dividends and undergoing a series of asset sales with joint-venture partners. The company also plans write downs in asset values of $65 million to $85 million, representing 3 percent to 4 percent of total investment and trading assets including joint ventures and other co-investments. For more information, visit http://www.valad.com.au/.
- APN Property Group’s $206M Fund Could Get Active in Australia Self-Storage Sector
- Australia Self-Storage Operator National Storage Becomes Publicly Traded REIT
- World Class Capital Group Acquires 6-Property Self-Storage Portfolio in Houston
- The William Warren Group/StorQuest Self Storage Buys 15-Property Portfolio in the West for $64M
- Store Here Buys 3-Property Self-Storage Portfolio in Kansas
- City Council Approves Zoning for Self-Storage Conversion Project in Crystal Lake, IL
- Texas Self Storage Association Donates $100K in 2014 to Shriners Hospital
- U-Haul Converts Former Employee-Training Center to Self-Storage in Temecula, CA
- Extra Space to Remodel Cerritos, CA, Self-Storage Facility
- Are You Offending Your Self-Storage Prospects Without Realizing It?