“I am honored to be a part of the faculty for SSTI and its new Qualified Storage Manager program,” said Mel Holsinger, president of Professional Self Storage Management. “Providing quality, affordable education will allow us to help thousands of managers across the country who are a vital part of our industry, but who may not have the opportunity to attend national or state conferences. Through the Internet, we‘ll bring the experts to them, assisting with every aspect of a facility’s day-to-day operation and bottom-line results. What’s better is anyone can participate; the classes and designation program will be open to all.”
Negotiations are still under way with additional faculty candidates. The SSTI instructor roster currently includes(in alphabetical order):
- Linnea Appleby, President, PDQ Management Solutions
- Sydney James “Jim” Chiswell, Owner and President, Chiswell & Associates LLC
- Robert Chiti, President and CEO, OpenTech Alliance Inc.
- Chip Cordes, Vice President, U.S. Door & Building Components
- Megan Eckert, Executive Vice President, USstoragesearch.com
- Neal Gussis, Principal, Beacon Realty Capital
- Jeffrey Greenberger, Partner, Katz, Greenberger & Norton LLP
- Mel Holsinger, President, Professional Self-Storage Management
- Randall Johnston, Director of Sales, Digitech International
- Jamie Lindau, National Sales Manager, Trachte Building Systems
- Shelly Little, Consultant, Michaels Wilder Inc.
- Rick McGee, President, Online Self Storage
- Chris McGrath, President, NY Capitol Consultants Inc.
- Kevin Nannis, Owner, Security Products Unlimited LLC
- Brad North, President, Advantage Business Consulting LLC
- Stephan Ross, President, Cutting Edge Self Storage Management & Consulting
- Tammy Ross, President, Cutting Edge Self Storage Management & Consulting
- Harry Sleighel, CEO, Michaels/Wilder Group
- Randy Tipton, Owner, Universal Insurance Facilities Ltd.
- Sue Weinman, Vice President of Yellow Page Services, Michaels Wilder Inc.
- Clay Whitaker, Senior Vice President of Consulting Services, Michaels Wilder Inc.
- Charles Ray Wilson, President, Self Storage Data Services Inc.
- Caesar Wright, President, Mako Steel Inc.
The new program will evolve from the web-based educational platforms developed over the past two years for SSTI and SSEN. Participants will take classes in webinar format at their convenience, from the comfort of their own computer.
In addition to its online training institute, ISS (www.insideselfstorage.com) provides a monthly magazine, bi-annual expos, free webinars and e-books, a weekly newsletter, and other informational resources for the self-storage industry. The magazine was launched 17 years ago by Publisher Troy Bix.
Information about SSTI and the emerging QSM designation will be available at www.selfstorageeducation.com as developments unfold.