This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.


Public Storage Sells 51 Percent of Shurgard Europe


In April, the New York Common Retirement Fund acquired a 51 percent interest in Shurgard Europe, owned by Public Storage, for approximately €383.2 million ($606 million). It also got an adjustment for operating results of Shurgard Europe from Dec. 31, 2007, through March 31, 2008. Public Storage will own the remaining 49 percent interest and be the managing member of the newly formed joint venture, which includes Shurgard's 20 percent equity interest in two existing companies (the subject of previously disclosed arbitration). The current Shurgard Europe management team will continue operations from Brussels, Belgium. Info:

comments powered by Disqus