Self-storage is the latest enterprise to deliver rental returns to small Australian investors, reports The Sydney Morning Herald. Hot on the heels of boutique property plays such as car-parking spaces, ATMs and telecommunications dishes comes the storage facility. A "guaranteed" high return of 8 percent and exciting prospects for capital growth almost sounds too good to be true—especially for a property segment in its fledgling stage (by U.S. standards). Australian storage has been around for 30 years, but now the small investor can enter this market by investing in a property trust or buying a single-strata facility.
Storage Delivers 'Hot' Returns for Australian Investors
- Premier Storage Investors Begins Self-Storage Acquisition Streak With Facility in Holbrook, NY
- Sovran Self Storage to Participate in Western New York Investors Conference
- AMERCO Uses U-Haul Investors Club Crowdfunding Program to Attract Self-Storage Investment
- Catalyst Storage Investors Secures Permanent Financing for 5 West Coast Self-Storage Facilities
- ‘Journal of the National Centre for Sustainability’ Releases Paper on Australian Self-Storage Drivers
- Understanding the 3 Types of Self-Storage Management-Software Platforms
- Self-Storage Management Company ASM Reports End-of-Year Financial Results
- Texas Self Storage Association Donates More Than $150K to Shriners Hospitals for Children in 2015
- Are You Lost in a Sea of Self-Storage Data?
- Mele Named Top Self-Storage Agent for Property-Investment Firm Marcus & Millichap