Self-storage is the latest enterprise to deliver rental returns to small Australian investors, reports The Sydney Morning Herald. Hot on the heels of boutique property plays such as car-parking spaces, ATMs and telecommunications dishes comes the storage facility. A "guaranteed" high return of 8 percent and exciting prospects for capital growth almost sounds too good to be true—especially for a property segment in its fledgling stage (by U.S. standards). Australian storage has been around for 30 years, but now the small investor can enter this market by investing in a property trust or buying a single-strata facility.
Storage Delivers 'Hot' Returns for Australian Investors
Posted in News
- Premier Storage Investors Begins Self-Storage Acquisition Streak With Facility in Holbrook, NY
- Sovran Self Storage to Participate in Western New York Investors Conference
- AMERCO Uses U-Haul Investors Club Crowdfunding Program to Attract Self-Storage Investment
- ‘Journal of the National Centre for Sustainability’ Releases Paper on Australian Self-Storage Drivers
- ISS Expo Revives Developers Workshop for Self-Storage Owners, Investors
- U-Haul Converts Former Employee-Training Center to Self-Storage in Temecula, CA
- Extra Space to Remodel Cerritos, CA, Self-Storage Facility
- Are You Offending Your Self-Storage Prospects Without Realizing It?
- Zoning Exception Clears Way for Self-Storage Development in Jefferson County, CO
- W. P. Carey REIT Affiliate Acquires 7 Self-Storage Properties for $53M