Australia’s Storage King Considers REIT Potential
Before going public in Australia, Storage King may pursue a listing in Britain, where it has 20 stores, the The Sydney Morning Herald reports. In the United Kingdom, upcoming legislation would allow the creation of real estate investment trusts (REITs), which would suit the group. The size of the U.K. storage market is close to £10 billion and is considered large enough to accommodate a specific storage REIT market. In Australia, storage REITs are unlikely because only two companies dominate the sub-sector, Millers Storage and Storage King. Last year’s sale of 18 Storage King Facilities to Abacus Storage Fund left Storage King founders David Scanlen and Michael Tate to concentrate on managing the remaining 110 independent operators franchised under Storage King in Australia and New Zealand, and the 20 now in Britain. For more information, visit www.storageking.com.au.
- ISS News Desk: Self-Storage REITs Release 2Q 2013 Financial Results and Comments
- Self-Storage REIT CubeSmart Makes Executive Staff Changes
- Rose Parade Float by Self-Storage REIT Public Storage Wins Grand Marshal’s Trophy
- Self-Storage REIT CubeSmart Completes Senior-Leadership Transition, Headquarters Relocation
- Self-Storage REITs to Release 4Q 2013 Financial Results, Conference Calls Announced
- Your Self-Storage Business is Talking … Are You Listening?
- Self-Storage Directory Storage.com Launches College-Scholarship Contest
- Self-Storage Facility Proposed for Vacant Retail Building in South Bend, IN
- Virtus Real Estate Capital Acquires 2 Arkansas Self-Storage Facilities
- Self-Storage Development Approved for Business Park in Vallejo, CA