As of Oct. 1, the Texas Mini Storage Association changed its name to the Texas Self Storage Association (TSSA). It also adopted a new domain name for its website, www.txssa.org, and a new logo.
In addition, the association released the results of a market survey it completed with Self Storage Data Services Inc., the first independently compiled study on 25 major Texas markets and rural areas. The survey is available to members for $100 and nonmembers for $200. It includes:
- The total number of existing facilities, with locations plotted on a color-coded map.
- The number of self-storage units and net rentable square feet for each market.
- Average monthly rental rates on ground-level units and the premium for climate-controlled space.
- The financial impact of physical vacancy and concessions/discounts on revenue.
- Economic occupancy for each market.
- The ratios of households per unit and square feet per capita.
For more information, call 888.259.4902; e-mail email@example.com.