Shurgard Storage Centers Inc., a self-storage real estate investment trust in the United States and Europe, declined an unsolicited $2.5 billion takeover proposal submitted by Public Storage Inc. Public Storage offered to buy Shurgard through a fully taxable all-stock transaction, exchanging .8 shares of Public Storage common stock for each outstanding share of Shurgard stock. The Shurgard Board of Directors rejected the proposal unanimously, determining the combination of the companies on the suggested terms would not be in the best interest of the company’s shareholders. For more information, visit http://investorrelations.shurgard.com.
- Reputation Management and Public Relations: A Comprehensive Guide for Self-Storage Operators
- Public Storage Buys Southlands Self Storage in Aurora, CO, for $8.6M
- Public Storage Buys Devon Self Storage Facility in Canton, MI
- Public Storage Acquires Space Station Self Storage in League City, TX
- Public Storage Acquires 11 Switzer’s Locker Room Self-Storage Facilities in Oklahoma
- OnDemand Storage Launches Valet Service in Boston Area
- Self-Storage Operator Fights Road Closure in Orillia, Ontario, Canada
- Public Storage Buys Land for Self-Storage Development in Huntersville, NC
- Choosing Between Self-Storage Tenant Insurance and Protection Plans: Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Valet Self-Storage Operator SquirrelBox Launches in Denver; Wins Video Contest