Shurgard Storage Centers Inc., a self-storage real estate investment trust in the United States and Europe, declined an unsolicited $2.5 billion takeover proposal submitted by Public Storage Inc. Public Storage offered to buy Shurgard through a fully taxable all-stock transaction, exchanging .8 shares of Public Storage common stock for each outstanding share of Shurgard stock. The Shurgard Board of Directors rejected the proposal unanimously, determining the combination of the companies on the suggested terms would not be in the best interest of the company’s shareholders. For more information, visit http://investorrelations.shurgard.com.
- Reputation Management and Public Relations: A Comprehensive Guide for Self-Storage Operators
- Public Storage Buys Southlands Self Storage in Aurora, CO, for $8.6M
- Public Storage Buys Devon Self Storage Facility in Canton, MI
- Public Storage Acquires Space Station Self Storage in League City, TX
- Self-Storage REITS Announce Conference Calls to Discuss 2Q 2016 Financial Results
- Can You Charge Your Self-Storage Customers a Fee to Cover the Cost of Credit Card Transactions?
- All Systems Go! 4 Key Areas of Focus to Optimize Self-Storage Business Performance
- StorageMart Expands to UK With £100M Big Box Self Storage Acquisition
- All Storage Gets Zoning Change for Self-Storage Development in Rowlett, TX
- U-Haul Self-Storage: Acquisition and Development October 2016