Shurgard Storage Centers Inc., a self-storage real estate investment trust in the United States and Europe, declined an unsolicited $2.5 billion takeover proposal submitted by Public Storage Inc. Public Storage offered to buy Shurgard through a fully taxable all-stock transaction, exchanging .8 shares of Public Storage common stock for each outstanding share of Shurgard stock. The Shurgard Board of Directors rejected the proposal unanimously, determining the combination of the companies on the suggested terms would not be in the best interest of the company’s shareholders. For more information, visit http://investorrelations.shurgard.com.
- Self-Storage REIT Public Storage Buys 43-Property Portfolio from Harrison Street/Morningstar Properties
- Self-Storage REIT Public Storage Receives $5.75M Settlement for Condemned Property in NC
- Wrongful-Sale Lawsuit Filed Against CA Public Storage Facility
- Public Storage Buys South DeBary Self-Storage in FL for $3.7M
- Public Storage Makes First Self-Storage Acquisition of 2014 With Austin, Texas, Facility
- Competition or Inspiration: Are Valet-Storage Businesses Disrupting the Traditional Self-Storage Market or Providing Impetus for Change?
- 5 Ways to Stand Out as an Independent Self-Storage Operator
- Sharpe Self Storage in Hudson, NY, Donates Free Storage to Fire Victims
- Red Dot Storage Acquires 5-Property Self-Storage Portfolio in Illinois
- Westy Self Storage in NJ Supports Local Book Sale for Women’s Scholarships