The EPDM Roofing Association (ERA) posted newly developed roof-restoration specifications and guidelines on its website, www.epdmroofs.org, under “Technical Bulletins & Research.” Included are downloadable outlines, detailed drawings, and procedures for restoring field seams, base flashing, vent-pipe flashing, roof drains, curb flashing and gravel-stop roof edges. The information was developed as part of a collaborative effort between Firestone Building Products and Carlisle SynTec, two major suppliers of EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) rubber roof membranes and related supplies. According to ERA, EPDM roof systems experience life cycles in excess of 30 years, making restoration a low-cost, environmentally friendly alternative to replacement.
- Self-Storage Owner/Operator Executive Summit Preview: Revenue Management, Marketing and Facility Value
- ISS News Desk: Inside Self-Storage 2013 Top-Operators List
- Self-Storage Owner/Operator Executive Summit Preview: Staffing, Effective Management and Operational Audits
- Canadian Self-Storage Operator Takes the Ice-Bucket Challenge
- UK Self-Storage Operator Safestore Reports Financial Results for First 6 Months of Fiscal 2014
- Self-Storage Renovations: 4 Ways to Upgrade Your Facility Exterior
- Just Reward: Are Customer Loyalty Programs Right for Self-Storage?
- Valet Self-Storage Business SpaceWays Ends Service in Chicago
- Miami City Self Storage LLC Buys 6 Development Sites in Miami-Dade County, FL
- Arizona Self-Storage Association President to Shave His Head to Fight Cancer