Butler Manufacturing, a manufacturer and builder of metal buildings for self-storage and other industries, has expanded its Builder Advisory Council to include two members representing Latin America. Javier Ugarte de la Rosa of real estate management firm FINSA in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, and Flavio Rubini of engineering firm GCZ Ingenieros S.A.C. in Lima, Peru, will serve during the 2015-16 term.
The Butler council is comprised of builders who represent the company’s seven business regions in Canada, Latin America and the United States, company officials said in a press release. Each member serves a two-year term, with four members carrying over for a second term.
“The Latin American perspective will benefit our multi-national customers who are considering investments in this region,” said Tom Gilligan, president of Butler Manufacturing. “It further enhances our global capabilities, which allow clients to focus on the critical actions to get their facility operational on time and on budget.”
Jeff Van Hoose, president of Van Hoose Construction in Oklahoma City, Okla., will serve as council chairman. Van Hoose has more than 25 years of experience in the construction business, according to the release. Other members of the 2015-16 council are:
- Mike Booth, Grassmere Construction Ltd. (Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada)
- Duane DeGaetano, Construction Systems Inc. (Fayetteville, N.C.)
- Bruce Forster, Stuart Berger Construction Corp. (Lynbrook, N.Y.)
- Dan Freeman, Freeman Building Systems (Wooster, Ohio)
- Jennifer Heimburger, Heimburger Construction Inc. (Bonne Terre, Mo.)
- Doug Heinrichs, Clark Builders Ltd. (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Mark Lewis, Cedar Falls Building Systems Inc., (Menomonie, Wis.)
- Sam Myers, Systems West LLC (Yakima, Wash.)
- Pedro Ormaza, Ormaza Construction Inc. (Elko, Nev.)
- Jimmy Pharr, Pharr & Co. (Lubbock, Texas)
- Dean Taylor, Design Systems Builders Inc. (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Brian Tretter, Seufert Construction & Supply Co. Inc., (Ferdinand, Ind.)
The group will hold its semi-annual meeting in April.
Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., Butler Manufacturing is a division of BlueScope Buildings North America. The company designs, manufactures and markets metal-building systems for commercial construction, including self-storage. Its systems are marketed through a network of more than 1,400 full-service contractors with local trade areas.