This site is part of the Global Exhibitions Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
If you own, manage, develop or invest in self-storage facilities, the 2013 Factbook, produced by Inside Self-Storage, is your ultimate business guide. This comprehensive educational tool addresses the full spectrum of the self-storage industry experience, from the pre-construction groundwork and building phase all the way through to day-to-day operational procedures.
Published annually in November, the Factbook contains articles authored by dozens of experts across all industry segments. Chapters cover real estate, finance, development, construction, money management, staffing, legal issues, insurance, marketing, sales, service, technology and so much more. Readers will learn what they need to know to investigate, build, open and successfully operate a self-storage business in this age of changing media technology and intense competition.
Here's a sampling of articles you'll find in the 2013 edition:
* 10 Ideas for Increasing Facility Value
* Preparing for a Refinance
* 3 Guidelines for Rezoning
* Revenue-Management Tools
* Simple Steps to Conducting an Audit
* Qualities to Seek in a Manager
* 10 Ways to Protect Your Business
* Avoiding Wrongful Sales
* Facility Safety Practices
* Factors to Consider Before Discounting
* Controlling Facility Costs
* Developing and Marketing a Website
* Increasing Your Online Exposure
* Technology and Facility Revenue
* Management Software Features and Trends
* Security Components and Tools
Whether you're just starting out in the business, changing your industry role or refreshing your skills, if your goal is to make money in self-storage, the ISS Factbook will help you succeed.