Space Heater Causes VA Self-Storage Fire

A fire at a self-storage facility in Portsmouth, Va., Dec. 22 was caused by a space heater left too close to stored belongings, fire officials determined.

A fire at a self-storage facility in Portsmouth, Va., Dec. 22 was caused by a space heater left too close to stored belongings, fire officials determined.

By the time firefighters arrived at the scene, the storage facilitys sprinkler system had extinguished most of the fire. Some items stored located higher than the sprinkler heads continued to burn before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported.

Sources:

TAGS: Insurance News
Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish