Several tanks of anhydrous ammonia were discovered in a unit at a self-storage facility in Evansville, Ind.
Firefighters removed the tanks from a unit at Infinite Self-Storage and submerged them in water to dissipate them and release the ammonia. One firefighter was injured during the process, receiving chemical burns. He was taken to the hospital, but his injuries were not life-threatening.
A firefighter spokesman said the tanks appeared to be homemade and used to manufacture methamphetamine. According to Wikipedia, anhydrous ammonia is a colorless gas with a pungent odor.
- Tristate Homepage.com: Firefighter Injured Getting Rid of Anhydrous Ammonia Tank