Vehicle Mechanical Failure Causes Fire at Virginia Beach Self-Storage Facility

A fire at Jack Rabbit Self-Storage in Virginia Beach, Va., on Friday damaged six units.

A fire at Jack Rabbit Self-Storage in Virginia Beach, Va., on Friday damaged six units. The blaze was attributed to a mechanical failure in a vehicle stored in one of the units.

Firefighters responded to the call at about 3 p.m. to find flames coming from several units. It took about 40 minutes to get the fire under control, according to a fire-department spokesperson.

Three of the six units were completely destroyed, two were heavily damaged, and one suffered only minor damage. No one was injured.

Sources:

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish