Manhattan Mini Storage, with 17 self-storage locations throughout New York City, is collecting coats for the 22nd annual New York Cares Coat Drive. New or used coats can be dropped off at any of the companys locations through Jan. 14.
Manhattan Mini Storage has just successfully completed a holiday toy drive for children in conjunction with Partnership for the Homeless. The company regularly participates in charitable work and recently published a blog recommending several charity ideas to New York readers including:
- Give a gift of PETAs (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) Holiday 2010 Rescued Calendar, featuring beautiful photographs of animals alongside their rescue stories
- Purchase holiday cards from the The Doe Fund Inc., which develops and implements programs to help break the cycles of homelessness, addiction and criminal recidivism
- Drop change into one of the Salvation Armys many donation buckets.
- Help gift wrap packages for seniors at various Barnes & Noble locations during the month of December. The effort is an initiative of the Dorot Foundation, a nationwide nonprofit organization that specializes in elderly assistance.
- Find a charitable program through New York Cares. The groups website helps you find resources based on your personal schedule.
- Participate in Only Make Believe, a program that allows you to organize events, dress up in fun costumes and bring smiles to the faces of children in hospitals and care facilities.
- Join a Visions knitting circle, which creates gifts for the blind or visually impaired.
- Manhattan Mini Storage Blog: Holiday Charity Ideas: Ways to Help Out in New York This Holiday Season