Is Your Facility Embracing the Green Movement?
A few months ago, I started receiving a magazine called Green Builder, which focuses on sustainability in the building industry. It’s a beautiful magazine, well written and researched, and inspiring. While solar innovations and applications are often highlighted in the magazine, articles also cover water conservation, new green-building practices, and even the hidden costs of going paperless.
Over the past couple of years, ISS has brought you dozens of articles and news items about self-storage developers, builders and owners who are taking the initiative in creating and operating more sustainable facilities.
Just this week, Access Self Storage announced it will install solar panels on six of its facilities in New Jersey. Self-storage operator ezStorage will celebrate the grand opening of its new LEED-compliant facility in Elkridge, Md, June 24. And The Lock Up Self-Storage is embarking on a company-wide conversion to more energy-efficient appliances and procedures.
Is your facility embracing the green movement? If so, what advice would you give other managers, owners, developers and builders? Share your thoughts by posting a comment below or join the discussions on green and recycling at Self-Storage Talk.
- Zoning Approved for Proposed River Avenue Self Storage in Patchogue, NY
- SpareFoot Partners With AAA to Offer Self-Storage Discounts to Consumers
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Filing an Insurance Claim: A Guide for Self-Storage Operators
- Man Arrested in Connection With Attempted Rape of Self-Storage Manager in White Plains, MD
- Guardian Mini Storage of St. Helens, Ore., Updates Look and Services