AZ Victory: Now It's Official
It's official: The bill that affects positive change to the self-storage lien law in Arizona was signed by Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday, after several weeks of its supporters holding their breath and wringing their hands. Things looked grim for a while as budget squabbles threatened to undermine the success of HB 2435. Now the state's self-storage operators can look forward to saving money on lien-sale notifications. The new law goes into effect Sept. 30.
Congratulations to the Arizona Self Storage Association, the national Self Storage Association and attorney Richard Marmor on this fantastic victory. Let this give inspiration to other state associations in causing beneficial legislation for facility owners and managers nationwide.
To join an online discussion about the new legislation and the challenges operators face in other states, check out the thread titled "Legislative Victory in AZ!" on Self-Storage Talk.
To read more about the history of this legislative battle, visit the following pages:
- Arizona Governor Signs Bill for Improved Self-Storage Lien Law
- Legislative Victory for Arizona Self-Storage Operators!
- Arizona Self Storage Association Seeks Statutory Revisions
- Legislative Improvements for AZ Self-Storage Pass House
Details about the bill can be viewed here: http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=2435
- Acquiring Self-Storage Facilities: How to Be a Better Buyer and Close the Deal
- 5 Steps to Develop an Effective Content Strategy for Your Self-Storage Brand
- Self-Storage Developer Proposes Creative Tax Solutions for Project in Prospect Heights, IL
- Centreforce Technology Group Renames Its Self-Storage Marketing and Web-Services Division
- Self-Storage Mural Depicting History of Pacifica, CA, Nears Completion