AZ Victory: Now It's Official
It's official: The bill that affects positive change to the self-storage lien law in Arizona was signed by Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday, after several weeks of its supporters holding their breath and wringing their hands. Things looked grim for a while as budget squabbles threatened to undermine the success of HB 2435. Now the state's self-storage operators can look forward to saving money on lien-sale notifications. The new law goes into effect Sept. 30.
Congratulations to the Arizona Self Storage Association, the national Self Storage Association and attorney Richard Marmor on this fantastic victory. Let this give inspiration to other state associations in causing beneficial legislation for facility owners and managers nationwide.
To join an online discussion about the new legislation and the challenges operators face in other states, check out the thread titled "Legislative Victory in AZ!" on Self-Storage Talk.
To read more about the history of this legislative battle, visit the following pages:
- Arizona Governor Signs Bill for Improved Self-Storage Lien Law
- Legislative Victory for Arizona Self-Storage Operators!
- Arizona Self Storage Association Seeks Statutory Revisions
- Legislative Improvements for AZ Self-Storage Pass House
Details about the bill can be viewed here: http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=2435
- Understanding the 3 Types of Self-Storage Management-Software Platforms
- Self-Storage Management Company ASM Reports End-of-Year Financial Results
- Texas Self Storage Association Donates More Than $150K to Shriners Hospitals for Children in 2015
- Are You Lost in a Sea of Self-Storage Data?
- Mele Named Top Self-Storage Agent for Property-Investment Firm Marcus & Millichap